Monday 23 January 2012

Rill Raccoon


In the dead of night Ethel heard a noise. The gale force winds she thought, the rain hitting the window sill, Mr Frankie Cat rummaging through the cupboards again for a midnight snack. Ethel was wide awake she couldn't sleep. It wasn't Mr Frankie he was fast asleep at her feet, it wasn't the rain, it wasn't raining and it wasn't the wind, the gales had died down and gone to sleep. Ethel sat up bolt right, who or what could it be? She quicky reached for the lamp and switched it on, the warm glow from the light cascading down the staircase. Ethel tip toed down the steps and to her suprise a flash of ginger ran before her. A rogue squirrel she thought, a dustbin fox? Ethel followed the flash of ginger into the living room and there sat on the sofa was a bandit, a masked intruder. 'My goodness me' said Ethel, 'Who are you and why are you in my house?' The ginger creature stared at Ethel through his mask and smiled. 'Ahhh, hello there Mrs Ethel, so pleased to meet you. My name is Rill Raccoon. I mean you no harm. Ethel could see the Raccoon was a kind sort and relaxed immediately. 'Hello Rill' she said 'How can I help you.'Attached to Rill was a name tag with some very important information inscribed. It read, 'Hi, I'm Rill...I like caterpillars and worms.' Aaaah thought Ethel I understand why you're here. 'Follow me!'. It just so happened that Ethel owned the biggest compost bin in England. It was full to the brim with cabbages, carrot scraps, potato peelings and most of all WORMS. Big juicy pink worms. Ethel led Rill to the compost bin. He was delighted. Ethel was just glad she could help.

Knitted Rill Raccoon by Donna Wilson http://donnawilson.com/
Donna Wilson Endangered Species is showing at YSP until 26th February 2012

No comments: